- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- 10 years experience in Internal Auditing at a senior management level as a Chief Audit Executive
- 10 years experience in Auditing Banks
- The Internal Audit function operates as independent appraiser, responsible for examining and evaluating business activities and related risk for the purpose of ensuring regulatory compliance, safeguarding company assets and improving its systems of financial and operational controls.
- The job requires a dedicated focus to continue efforts in stabilizing the internal audit’s organizational infrastructure necessary to deliver against current and future objectives of the division; including, the use of various staffing alternatives (including co-sourcing arrangements) as necessary to ensure organizational capabilities (structure, processes and systems) are in place to meet the organisation needs.
- A risk based approach to setting of the Audit Plan is critical. In depth understanding of ICT audits (CAATS) are critical as the organisation is in transition towards a SMART ITC environment.
- Develop an Internal Audit strategy aligned to the business strategy.
- Develop a strategy execution plan and implement.
- Develop and maintain independent relationship with Group leadership.
- Reports to the Group Audit Committees and other Board Committees. Oversees the business risks and effectiveness of controls to the Group. Provides leadership and support to the Internal Audit team in implementing programmes to evaluate the adequacy of the internal controls environment.