Please note our client is an equal opportunities employer and as such appointments will be in line with the their Employment Equity plan.
● Strategic capability and leadership.
● Results orientation.
● Business and financial acumen.
● Brand and stakeholder orientation.
● Network and alliances.
● Inspire commitment.
● Talent management.
● Change management.
● Extensive knowledge of IIA Standards, PFMA, and Treasury Regulations.
● Thorough understanding of internal business processes.
● Experience in audit methodologies and software applications.
● Experience in reporting to the Audit Committee.
● Experience in managing project teams.
● Excellent presentation skills.
● Advanced MS office skills.
● Project management methodologies.
● Resource management.
● Financial management.
● General management.
● Principles relating to Governance, Risk Management and control frameworks.
● King IV application.
Purpose: Our client is responsible to provide independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisational performance and financial control, to develop and implement an internal audit program and plan for each financial year.
Provide consulting internal audit services on the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems of internal controls, risk management and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Auditing or related qualification.
- Post graduate qualification in Internal Auditing or related qualification.
- Post graduate qualification in Business Management or Administration will be an added advantage.
- Certification: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related designation.
- CA (SA) will be an added advantage.
- At least 12-15 years’ within an internal audit of which 7 (seven) years must have been at a senior management level in a public sector organisation/ environment.
- Expert Knowledge of audit principles and theory, the Institute of Internal Auditing (IIA) standards, Statutory Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, American Institute of Certified Public Accounting standards, and internal audit department policies.
- Experience in leading and managing organisational transformation will be an added advantage.