Agrivest is a privately owned agricultural investment company. Currently the company owns two macadamia farms, Chitakale and Mwame, situated in the Mangochi district of Malawi. Both farms have existing macadamia plantations and are harvesting 130 ha from trees between 5 and 15 years old.
The following are considerations the candidate must apply his/her mind to:
The farm is in a fairly remote, quiet and beautiful area of rural Malawi. The farm is tucked into the Mangochi Forest reserve that has recently come under the management of Africa Parks. The candidate must be comfortable with a quiet rural lifestyle with the farm being 220 km (tar) from the national commercial capital Blantyre and 350 Km (tar) from Lilongwe. The two Agrivest farms are 100km apart, 60 km of this is tar toad and 40 km is a dirt road. The candidate must be of sound health with no underlying medical conditions that need regular medical attention. An intention to hold the post for 3 – 6 years. The ideal age range for the candidate is 30 – 50 years old. Remuneration will be attractive and based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Both Farms are within 1 hour of Mangochi town and the southern shores of Lake Malawi.
Farm and farm.
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or Farm Management.
- Minimum work experience of 5 years as a farm manager at a sizable and reputable farm.
- Experience in growing Macadamia of other tree crops.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Target driven.
- Ability to develop and work with spreadsheets and farm budgets.
- Basic knowledge of business management, administration and accounting.
- Strong people management skills.
- Knowledge of farm equipment and the ability to manage a farm work shop.
- Basic understanding and experience in farm building construction and managing farm building projects.
- A good understanding of soils.
- A good understanding of managing tree nurseries.
Advantageous experience would be:
- Sheep production.
- Honey production.
- Forestry and wildlife management and conservation.