This is a senior management role.
The current DBSA strategy is – as we lift ourselves so we lift those around us.
The OR Tambo District has not benefitted from this philosophy.
The OR Tambo district should be benfitting from economic development economic growth, improved infrastrcuture and improved service delivery.
If you know this district, have lived here previously or have managed projects in this district, consider making your contribution now.
In this implementation you are responsible for planning, developing and executing projects and programmes in water supply, sanitation and rural infrastructure development and sector governance reforms.
2. Registered with the relevant professional council/board as a Built Environment / Engineering professional (PrEng or PRTechEng)
3. Public sector management and/or related experience in the delivery and oversight of water and sanitation infrastructure projects/programmes at a senior level (10 – 15 years).
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the Engineering Profession Act, Architectural Profession Act, Quantity Surveying Profession Act, Expanded Public Works Programme, Local Government Building Regulations (where applicable), Occupational Health & Safety Act, Provincial Land Administration Legislation, Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations Act, Intergovernmental Framework and the PFMA.
5. Extensive work experience-across multiple areas of local government (approximately 5 -8 years) (Past experience operating at a senior specialist level).
6. Demonstrated ability to manage large scale water and sanitation infrastructure projects/programmes..
We understand this job will be demanding and therefore we are looking to identify a committed individual and committed public servant.