• Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information Sciences.
• A strong knowledge of Java essential.
• At least 5 years relevant experience as a back-end developer in multi-tier Java application development.
• Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate on a common (UML) design model.
• A thorough understanding of SDLC processes, tools and techniques.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably Subversion); Use of a UML tool for documentation.
• Experience of the following technologies:
o JEE (J2EE) server side technologies, EJB’s and RESTful Services
o Spring framework (preferable)
o JPA /Hibernate
o Experience with an application server (i.e. Tomcat, Websphere,Weblogic)
o Integration experience (Web services, JMS – nice to have)
o JAXB and XML Schema
o SQL and experience with a relational database (i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
• Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g. paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases
• Knowledge and experience of the following would be a plus:
o Business process/workflow layers e.g. JBPM, BPEL
o Rules engines (i.e. drools)
o Design patterns
o Continuous integration tools (i.e. Hudson, Jenkins)