1. Management of legal recovery process
• Acts on instruction from the business to commence with legal action
• Assesses the recoverability of the debt and makes recommendations on the action to be taken and ensure best possible legal solution.
• Collate and analyse all relevant information in relation to the account
• Issue a Letter of Demand as and when is required
• Appoint an external attorney to proceed with summons
• Review summons/pleadings and ensure that the claim is adequately dealt with in the court papers
• Manage the recovery process as guided by the High Court and Magistrate Court Rules and in accordance to the Legal Accounts Tracking System
• Compile reports on recoveries to management for presentation to various forums
• Interact with portfolio monitoring department as and when required.
2. Monitoring compliance with applicable legislation
• Proactive awareness of new legislation and that may impact the business and provide advice
3. Management of external Service Providers
• Management of panel of attorneys in terms of giving them instructions and subsequent communication
• Manage delivery of outsourced work and ensure compliance with SLA
• Ensure protection of Bank interest in vetting Attorneys statements of accounts, to ensure that their tariff is in accordance with the prescribed fee arrangement, as set out in the SLA.
• Oversee and manage general administration of the system.
4. Review and Development of Policies and Procedures
• Identify loopholes and make recommendations on policies and processes for service delivery
• Monitoring and compliance to the policies and procedures and making recommendations in case of non-compliance.
5. Manage functional reporting of the Specialist Insolvency and Recoveries and Specialist: Debt Collection and BIP
• Functionally manage the Specialist Insolvency and Recoveries and Specialist: Debt Collection and BIP members in their region
• Monitor and report on recoveries, records keeping and AMS updates for their region
• Support Specialist Insolvency and Recoveries and Specialist: Debt Collection and BIP members in their region with legal advice, functional management and decision making
6. Manage Stakeholder relationship
• Proactive building of internal relationships with all business units
• Understanding operational business needs
• Providing business solutions in area of expertise
• Understanding internal client’s areas of operation
• Proactively building relationships with attorneys/advocates/bank clients, etc.
• Build good working relationship with the team
7. Drafting and vetting of legal documents and general legal advice
• Drafting/vetting and interpreting commercial agreements, including but not limited to Loan Agreements, Suretyships, Cessions, Mortgage Bonds, Notarial Bonds, settlement agreements, etc.
o Knowledge, interpretation and application of Commercial and Corporate Law.
o Knowledge, interpretation, and application of relevant legislation
• Provide legal advice and the drafting of legal opinions on various issues affecting the business
• Compile status reports on recovering matter from time to time.
• 3 years Post admission experience as an attorney experience
* Financial principles