The SDP will co-ordinate the work of local and other spheres of government in a coherent plan to improve the quality of life for all the people living in the identified district.
These would include existing conditions, problems and resources available for development. The solution/s must look at economic and social development for the entire district as a whole; i.e. how land should be used, what infrastructure and services are needed and how the environment should be protected.
1. Bachelor’s degree/NQF 7 in Town and Regional Planning or Urban Development Studies
2. Registered with SACPLAN as a professional Town and Regional Planner.
3. Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Development Planner.
4. Extensive work experience-across multiple areas of government (approximately 5 -8 years) (Past experience operating at a senior specialist level)
5. Fully computer literate with sound knowledge of MS office.
6. Demonstrated ability to interact confidently with diverse stakeholders and clients.
7. Masters degree in Town and Regional Planning
1. Developing and implementing agreed development plans
2. Development of policies and frameworks
3. Management of Client Relationships and key Stakeholders.
4. Management of Budget including operational expenses.