1. Insolvency recovery
• Assess the asset position of the debtor, to ascertain the Bank’s recovery prospects, including possible threats that might jeopardise the Bank’s claim, and identify best possible solutions to protect Bank’s interests
• Prepare and submit memorandum for authorisation to prove claims
• Submit claim documents to Presiding Officer
• Attend creditors’ meetings to protect the Bank’s interest, or brief the Branch officials to attend such meetings
• Scrutinise asset list to detect possible fraud/alienation of assets.
• Advise Trustee/Liquidator of any discrepancies
• Attend interrogations as and when required. Collate and scrutinise all relevant evidence required for interrogation
• Procure opinions as and when required in line with the Bank’s policies
• Advise Trustee/Liquidator of any suspected irregularities
2. Optimal recovery on sale of security
• Prepare memorandum for consent to sell security and draft consent letter
• Prepare authorisation for reserve price
• Attend auctions
• Prepare memorandum for acceptance of offers/abandonment
• Advise Trustee/Liquidator of resolutions
• Prepare documentation regarding abandonment of assets
• Draft letter of consent to transfer fixed property
3 Assist in legal recovery process
• Assist in legal recovery process including litigation matters arising from insolvent matters
• Collate all the relevant documents that are required for briefing the attorneys.
• Make necessary recommendations to line manager.
• Assist in making sure that appointed attorneys comply with the provisions of the SLA.
• Diarise and rotate all files on a monthly basis and update AMS accordingly. Correspond with region and branches in region in order to obtain relevant documents, information or assistance from Agricultural Specialist when required as part of the recovery process
• Attend sales in execution, auctions, client meetings, etc.
• Liaise with internal departments as and when is required.
• Liaise with the line manager if any enhancements to the systems and/or processes need to be addressed.
• Compile monthly reports on debt recovered and files closed.
• Monitor the NPL book size by ensuring that matters that can be closed are closed on SAP and AMS.
• Monitor and administer the matters that are referred to attorneys ensuring AMS is updated accordingly.
• Monitor the performance of the attorneys.
• Scrutinise invoices and ensure that such are paid timeously
- Relevant 3 year legal qualification
- 5 years experience in the recoveries or debt collection environment in an Insolvency Practice or environment
- Financial principles
- Insolvency Recovery
- Optimal recovery on sale of security
- Assist in legal recovery process
- Work closely with the other members of the corporate banking and other business units to deliver outstanding performance and ensure that team and business objectives and targets are achieved